The Pupuke Kāhui Ako Competencies Resource (Edition 1), designed for schools to implement, reference, or adapt to suit their own purposes, is now available.
This resource has been developed by Pupuke Kāhui Ako educators to support fellow educators in elevating and enhancing the teaching and learning of competencies. It is inspired by the work of Charles Fadel and the Center for Curriculum Redesign.
The resource includes a range of teaching ideas and strategies organised under 12 future-focused competencies headings.
To assist teachers with the navigation and use of this resource, Anita Knight and Darlene Lee are available to…
Introduce the resource by:
- Meeting with key personnel in a school
- Running a staff meeting/workshop
- Providing a summary to a captive audience
Areas we can cover include:
- What are future-focused competencies?
- How can the New Zealand Key Competencies be enhanced by the resource?
- How does the resource relate to the Approaches to Learning or other competencies frameworks?
- How can the resource support daily teaching and learning?
- What are some effective strategies for lifting the focus of competencies in teaching and learning?
As further resources are created, a second edition will become available. We are seeking particular input from High School educators.